NIT Warangal FDP on Basics Of Bio-Informatics; Apply by 25th May 2021
- National Institute of Technology Warangal is organizing an FDP on "Basics Of Bio-Informatics”.
- This program will be conducted in online mode by the faculty members from NIT Warangal in association with the University College of Engineering (BIT Campus) Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu.
- This faculty development program (FDP) is devoted to addressing the need for technological developments in Biotechnology and its allied fields.
Date of Workshop:
- 26th May – 04th June 2021
- Introduction, DNA sequence analysis, DNA Databases
- Protein structure and function, protein sequence databases, sequence alignment
- PAM matrix, Global and local alignment, BLAST: features and scores
- Multiple sequence alignment, Conservation score, phylogenetic trees
- Protein sequence analysis, hydrophobicity profiles, nonredundant datasets
- Protein secondary structures, Ramachandran plot, propensity, secondary structure prediction
- Protein tertiary structure, Protein Data Bank, visualization tools, structural classification, contact maps
- Protein structural analysis, protein structure prediction
- Protein stability, energetic contributions, database, stabilizing residues, stability upon mutations
- Protein folding rates, proteins interactions, binding site residues
Who can Participate:
- Faculty of Engineering Colleges and other allied disciplines in India.
- Industry personnel working in the concerned /allied discipline.
- Faculty and Research Scholars: Rs.750/-
- Industry Participants: Rs.2250/-
How to Apply:
- Participants are required to fill the online registration form.
- After this will have to make the required payment to the given account.
- Selection will be done based on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The no of participants is limited to a maximum number of 60 (sixty).
- Last date for submission of Application: 25/05/2021
- Selection by E-mail: 25/05/2021
- Duration: 26/05/2021 to 04/06/2021